DARTS provides a network of valuable information and resources to people of all ages and fosters the health of the community by helping people remain active and connected to one another. Call DARTS:
- When you or someone you know needs a little help with household cleaning, outdoor chores, errands, and other tasks.
- When you could use some resources and support to care for an aging loved one.
- When driving is no longer easy and you need some options.
- When you're facing a new challenge and need help navigating the system.
- When you want more connections to your neighborhood and community.
Mission: DARTS creates connections that enrich aging.
Callers from the Twin Cities and beyond got answers to their aging-related questions from a “live” person.
Older adults sought and received some direct assistance with practical, everyday tasks like indoor and outdoor chores and shopping errands.
Family caregivers of elders found support and resources for their caregiving journey through support groups, one-to-one coaching, education, and trained volunteers.
Dakota County residents were connected with metro-wide bus and light-rail options to get where they needed to be.
Riders with special needs had door-through-door assistance from pick-up to drop-off.
Volunteers reached out to support their community by putting their passion and skills to work at DARTS.
Individual donors committed their financial resources to support DARTS’ mission and stewardship.
Business donors contributed to DARTS’ work, honoring shared values.